This Privacy Notice explains-:
- Your personal information that is processed by Fits.my whenever you use the services and/or websites;
- How Fits.my processes your personal information when you use the Fits.my Services and Websites;
- The purposes for which Fits.my collects and processes your personal information;
- Your right to access and correct your personal information;
- The class of third parties to which Fits.my may disclose your personal information to;
- Whether it is obligatory or voluntarily for you to supply the personal information and the consequences of failing to provide your personal information when it is obligatory; and
- How Fits.my safeguards the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Fits.my Websites. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. The changes will apply to the use of the Fits.my Services and the Fits.my Websites after Fits.my have given you notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Fits.my Services and/or the Fits.my Websites. If you continue to use the Fits.my Services and/or the Fits.my Websites after the date on which the changes comes into effect, your use of the Fits.my Services and/or the Fits.my Websites indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
In this Privacy Notice:-
“personal information” is data that can be used to identify an individual.
“processing” includes but is not limited to collecting, holding, storing, recording, organizing, adapting, using, disclosing, correcting, destructing.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you register for the Fits.my Services
- You will need to provide certain personal information about yourself whenever you want to register with Fits.my in order to create an account.
- The personal information collected during the registration process includes but is not limited to your email address, name, nationality, identity card number, passport number, country of residence.
- Whenever the personal information requested by Fits.my is marked as “Required Field”, you must provide and agree to the processing of this personal information by Fits.my. If you do not agree to provide this personal information and/or not agree to us processing it in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice, then Fits.my will be unable to provide the relevant services to you and your application for such services will be rejected.
- From your use of the Fits.my Services and/or the Fits.my Websites
» We collect personal information directly from you when you choose to engage any of the Fits.my Services and/or to use the Fits.my Websites. The examples of personal information Fits.my may collect directly from you:-
- Date of birth;
- Your Image;
- Telephone number or mobile number;
- Academic qualifications;
- Identification documents given by the school/college/university/institute;
- Working experience;
- Personal interests and preferences;
- Credit card and debit card details;
- Other information associated with a resume for job applications
» If you choose to add referees to your Fits.my Profile, Fits.my will ask you for their names, telephone numbers, emails, position titles and other relevant particulars. This information will be enclosed as part of your job application and employers may contact them to get references for your applications.
» If you choose to use Fits.my Services to tell a friend about its services or Fits.my Websites, Fits.my will ask for your friend’s name and e-mail address. An e-mail inviting your friend to use the Fits.my Services or to visit the Fits.my Websites will be sent to him/her automatically.
» In addition, Fits.my may ask your permission to post your testimonial or success story. If you agree to post your material on Fits.my Websites, you should be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Fits.my Websites and could be used to send you unsolicited messages.
» If you wish to stop Fits.my from processing this type of personal information about you, Fits.my will no longer be able to provide the relevant services to you.
- When you visit the Fits.my Websites
- Your IP address is a unique identifier for your computer or other access device, hence whenever you visit any Fits.my Websites, our web servers automatically collect information about your visit to these websites, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time, date and duration of your visit.
- Fits.my may track your visits to any Fits.my Websites by placing a “cookie” on your computer or other access device when you enter. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other access device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites.
- Cookies allow Fits.my to save preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit. Cookies also help Fits.my collect anonymous click stream data for tracking user trends and patterns. Fits.my may use the anonymous click stream data to help the Advertiser to deliver better-targeted advertisements.
- You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your internet browser’s “help” file. You should understand that areas of certain websites will not function properly if you set your internet browser to not accept cookies.
- Fits.my also uses clear gifs in its HTML-based emails in order to find out which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows Fits.my to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of its marketing campaigns.
- PURPOSES OF COLLECTING AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The purposes for which Fits.my processes your personal information are as follows:-
- To verify your identity;
- To assess and/or verify your employability and credit worthiness;
- To contact you in respect of Fits.my Services;
- To provide the Fits.my Services that you have requested;
- To manage and administer the Fits.my Services provided to you;
- To improve placement opportunities for you or for tailoring specific services to you;
- To facilitate the provision to you of tailored educational offerings and improve your career prospects by supplying your information to our strategic partners;
- To verify your academic and professional qualification by contacting the school/college/university/institute/ professional qualifying bodies;
- To contact the referee and/or the guarantor whom details have been provided by you;
- To process your order for the Fits.my Services which you have requested;
- To manage staff training and quality assurance;
- To investigate and resolve any of the Fits.my Services, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to Fits.my regarding Fits.my Services;
- To monitor and improve the performance of the Fits.my Websites and the Fits.my Services;
- To gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Fits.my to enhance and customize the Fits.my Services;
- To maintain and develop the Fits.my Websites and Fits.my Services;
- To conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the Fits.my Services to identify trends and develop new services that reflect your interests;
- To assist Fits.my to be able to tailor content accordingly by understanding your browsing preferences on the Fits.my Websites;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- You are not able to limit the processing of your personal information for the purposes set out in Clause 2.1 above. If you do not consent to Fits.my processing your personal information for the said purposes, you must terminate your relevant agreement with Fits.my for the Fits.my Services and stop using the Fits.my Websites.
- In addition, Fits.my may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To promote and market to you:
- Other Fits.my Services; or
- Services of third parties which Fits.my thinks may be of interest of you;
- To send you seasonal greeting messages and/or message informing you of a critical performance error in the Fits.my Websites and/or the Fits.my Services.
- To send you tips, advice and survey information to maximize your career development including but not limited to using the Fits.my Services and/or the Fits.my Websites.
- Fits.my will ask for your consent before processing your personal information other than those set out in Clauses 2.1 and 2.3.
- MY PROFILE
- Fits.my allows you to upload your resume into the Fits.my Resume Database provided that you use Fits.my’s preset format for uploading your information.
- You allow your Fits.my Profile to be searchable by Employers or Advertisers. Your full profile, resume and personal information will be visible to Employers or Advertisers.
- Fits.my is not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of Fits.my Profile by any third parties.
- ACCESS AND CHOICE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may have different privacy concerns. Fits.my’s goal is to be clear of what information it collects, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example:-
- You can control who you share your personal information with;
- You can review and control your subscription to various marketing preferences, Fits.my Services;
- You may view, edit or delete your personal information and preferences at any time.
- You may choose not to receive any marketing materials from Fits.my;
- You may also subscribe to additional Fits.my Services by logging into a MyFits.my account;
- You can delete your Fits.my account at any time in which event Fits.my will remove all access to your account, resume and Fits.my Profile in the database. The deletion of your MyFits.my account does not affect Fits.my Profile that you had already sent to Employers or were previously downloaded by Employers, Advertisers.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Fits.my will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes set out above and any legal or business purposes.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Fits.my is committed to keep personal information secure. Fits.my has appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our payment gateway services are encrypted during the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can e-mail to us.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal information mentioned in Clause 1 above may be disclosed to the classes of third parties as follows in order for Fits.my to effectively manage its business including to render the Fits.my Services to you to achieve the purposes described in Clause 2:-
- The Advertisers;
- The Employers;
- Third parties contracted by Fits.my to assist Fits.my in delivering all or part of the Fits.my Services to you, including without limitation, to the following:-
- Profiling/assessment services;
- Payment gateway services for optional services;
- Mapping services;
- Online advertising services;
- Maintenance and repair services; and
- Market research and website usage analysis services.
- Strategic partners that provide ancillary services such as education offerings for the purposes of improving your career prospects and/or professional qualifications.
- Strategic partners that work with Fits.my to provide the Fits.my Services or that help market and promote Fits.my Services and/or Websites;
- The school/college/university/institute you studied at and your referees so as to verify your academic qualification;
- Professional qualifying bodies where you obtained your accreditation;
- Where you log in to a Fits.my Website using Facebook Connect – your Facebook friends who have also logged in in to our site using Facebook Connect;
- Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
- Any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
- Fits.my’s professional advisors on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisors providing advice to Fits.my;
- Any third party which acquires all or part of the assets or business of Fits.my (including accounts and trade receivables) for the purpose of that third party continuing to provide all or that part of the Fits.my Services which it acquired; and otherwise permitted under any data protection legislation.
- Other than set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Fits.my does not sell or rent any personal information collected to any other parties.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You are responsible for providing complete, accurate, not misleading and up-to-date information to Fits.my about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date by contacting Fits.my.
- In the circumstances you may need to provide to Fits.my personal information about someone other than yourself (for example, your referee or guarantor). If so, we rely on you to inform these individual that you are providing their personal information to Fits.my, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this Privacy Notice.
- TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR LOCAL JURISDICTION
- It may be necessary for Fits.my to transfer your personal information outside of your local jurisdiction if any of Fits.my’s service providers or strategic partners (“overseas entities”) is involved in providing part of the Fits.my Services.
- LINKED SITES
- Fits.my Websites that may contain links to third party sites.
- You can login to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
- Where you use Facebook Connect to log in to our site you consent to Fits.my displaying your name, employer, job title and Facebook profile picture to your Facebook friends who have also logged in to Fits.my using Facebook Connect. You can unlink your Facebook and Fits.my accounts at any time.
- YOUR CONSENT
- In using the Fits.my Services and/or the Fits.my Websites, you consent to the collections and use of the personal information by Fits.my in the ways described hereinabove (which may change from time to time) unless and until you inform Fits.my to the contrary.
- Further, you consent to your referees, the school/college/university/institute where you have studied, the professional qualifying bodies where you received your accreditation and Employers to disclose your personal information to Fits.my.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- If you still have questions about this Privacy Notice, please e-mail to us. Fits.my requests your name, phone number, email address and comments so that Fits.my may respond to your concerns effectively and works to improve the Fits.my Services and/or Fits.my Websites.